Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Glen Lodge

Estate(s)
Townland Culleenduff
Civil Parish Killaspugbrone
PLU Sligo
DED Knocknaree 60
County Sligo
Barony Carbury
Description Around 1780 James Sandford Nicholson settled in the newly built family seat which he named Glen Lodge. It was in the possession of Thomas White at the time of Griffith's Valuation who was leasing it to James Coghrane when it was valued at £15. At the time the estate was sold in the Landed Estates Court in 1876 Glen Lodge is described as "a good residence, leased by the Court of Chancery to Andrew James for 7 years from 1869". The house is still extant and occupied.
Glen Lodge (Buildings of Ireland)

Property Location