||This house was located in county Galway until 1898. Weir states that the original house at Mountshannon was a single-storey building which was enlarged to two storeys in the nineteenth century. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was occupied by Mary Tandy and was valued at £12. In 1906 it was the property of James Wakely and was valued at £17. The house was damaged by fire in June 1921. It later came into the possession of the Talbots of Malahaide who presented it to An Óige (IYHA) for use as a youth hostel in 1956. It was offered for sale in 2007.