Landed Estates
NUI Galway

O'Hara (Ballyara & Corsallagh)


Estate(s)

Name Description
O'Connor (Corsallagh) The lands at Corsallagh were originally part of the Farrell estate but were leased by the O'Connor family. In the 17th century this may have been part of an O'Hara estate. In May 1866 Charles and Daniel O'Connor offered some of the lands at Corsallagh for sale in the Landed Estates Court. McTernan notes that it was purchased by John Brett of Tubbercurry. The Irish Times reports that he paid over £4000 for it. The lands were later divided by the Land Commission.
O'Hara (Ballyara & Corsallagh)