Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Rush


Estate(s)

Name Description
Rush Cuillaun, parish of Kilvine, barony of Clanmorris, county Mayo, was in the possession of Edward Rush from the 1850s. He appears to have held the property from Lord Oranmore and Browne. 719 acres belonging to the Rush family were purchased by the Congested Districts' Board on 26 Mar 1903.
French (Cuillaun) A Francis French held an estate at Cuillaun, parish of Kilvine, barony of Clanmorris, county Mayo in the early 19th century, possibly from the Blakes of Doonmacreena. The Honourable Geoffrey Browne was the immediate lessor in the 1850s and Cuillaun was part of the Oranmore and Browne estates advertised for sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court in 1854. By the 1870s Cuillane belonged to Edward Rush.