Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Dickson


Estate(s)

Name Description
Dickson The Dickson family acquired lands in the Tullaghan area of the parish of Rossinver, county Leitrim, in the early 18th century.McParlan includes Major Dickson of Woodville on a list of "resident gentlemen of property" in 1802. After 1909 an offer was accepted from the Congested Districts Board for over 200 acres of the Dickson estate. For more information about the Dicksons and their houses in Rossinver see http://homepage.eircom.net/~fmasters/landlords.html#Dickson A member of this family, Alexander Dickson and his wife Harriet Louisa of Carra Hill, Clones, are recorded as owning 1,452 acres in county Roscommon in the 1870s.