An estate in the parish of Shrule, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, in the possession of the Lynch family from the 1670s. It was originally held on a lease from the Earls of Clanricarde. The Lynches of Ballycurrin shared a common ancestor with the Lynches of Petersburg. In 1876 the estate amounted to 1,438 acres in county Mayo and the island of Inchiquin, 229 acres in the parish of Killursa, barony of Clare, county Galway. Bernard O'Flaherty was agent for the island in the 1830s. The last Lynch proprietor died in 1897 and the estate passed to the Clarkin family who sold it to the Congested Districts Board on 14 Jan 1914.