Charles Crotty, a purchaser in the Encumbered Estates' Court.
|Blake (Belmont)||The Blakes of Belmont, parish of Liskeevy, barony of Dunmore, county Galway, were descended from John, sixth son of George Blake of Garracloone, county Mayo and his wife Juliane Lynch. John Blake married a sister of James Cuff, 1st Baron Tyrawley and by his marriage acquired the Belmont estate. Their descendants held the Belmont estate, from the See of Tuam, during the 19th century until its sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court in April 1852 to James D. Meldon. In 1824 John Blake of Belmont was described as a resident proprietor in county Galway. The Blakes also held 1808 acres in the parish of Ballintober, barony of Carra, county Mayo. Their county Mayo estate was sold in the Encumbered Estates' Court in 1852 to Charles Crotty.|
|Crotty||In 1852 Charles Crotty bought the county Mayo part of the estate of the Blakes of Belmont, county Galway, in the Encumbered Estates' Court, for £1,025. This estate was in the parish of Ballintober, barony of Carra. Pádraig G. Lane writes that he was a Dublin grocer and gives a graphic description of Crotty's relationship with his tenants in an article published in the ''Journal of the Galway Archaeological and Historical Society'' (1993). In 1876 Charles Crotty of Kinnewry House owned 1739 acres in county Mayo.|