The Ormes settled in the parish of Crossmolina early in the 18th century. A younger son of this branch of the Orme family married into the Knoxes of Rappa and lived at Glenmore, Crossmolina. His sisters married Samuel Handy and Godfrey Fetherstonhaugh.
|Atkinson (Rahans)||According to Burke's ''Landed Gentry'' the Atkinsons were Elizabethean settlers. On 5 July 1742 they were given a lease of Rahans, parish of Ballynahaglish, barony of Tirawley, county Mayo, by James O'Hara, Lord Tyrawley. The estate of 1244 acres was sold in the Encumbered Estates' Court following the death in 1849 of Charles Atkinson, the coroner for North Mayo. Rahans was bought by George Orme in 1855 and the Atkinsons moved to Ballylahan in the parish of Templemore. Matthew Atkinson, a Dublin lawyer and brother of the coroner, who bought land in the Encumbered Estates Court in the barony of Erris, was a member of this family.|
|Fetherstonhaugh||A county Westmeath family who intermarried with the Wills of Willsgrove, county Roscommon, the Ormes of Abbeytown, Crossmolina and the Perkins of Ballybroony, county Mayo. Godfrey Fetherestonhaugh acquired the property of the Ormes of Glenmore in the parishes of Crossmolina, Kilfian and Moygawnagh in the Encumbered Estates' Court. He was also in possession of the two townlands in the parish of Moygawnagh previously held by Andrew Browne, Mount Hazel, county Galway. His grandson, another Godfrey Fetherstonhaugh of Glenmore and Dublin, was a Member of Parliament for North Fermanagh 1906-1916. In 1876 the Fetherstonhaughs owned 9,261 acres in county Mayo and 1,016 acres in county Westmeath.|
|Orme (Abbeytown & Glenmore)||The Ormes of Abbeytown held an estate in the parish of Crossmolina, barony of Tirawley, county Mayo from the mid 18th century. A younger son lived at Glenmore in the early 19th century. The Abbeytown estate of over 5000 acres was sold in the Encumbered Estates' Court in 1852 and the Glenmore estate of 4556 acres in the parishes of Crossmolina and Moygawnagh in 1853.|