Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Hippisley


Estate(s)

Name Description
Sullivan/Sulivan Rev. H.W. Sullivan with an address at Messrs Stewart and Kincaid is recorded as the owner of over 3000 acres in county Sligo in the 1870s. The Reverend Henry William Sulivan was the son of the Right Hon. Laurence Sulivan of Hertfordshire and his wife Elizabeth daughter of the 2nd Viscount Palmerston and appears to have inherited part of the Palmertston estate. His sister Elizabeth married Henry Hippisley of Lamborne Place and Sparsholt House, Berkshire. Documents relating to the Irish estates of the Hippisley family in counties Sligo, Wexford and Dublin are held in the Berkshire Record Office.
Hippisley In 1851 Elizabeth Sulivan married Henry Hippisley of Lamborne Place and Sparsholt House, Berkshire. She was the daughter of the Right Hon. Laurence Sulivan of Hertfordshire and his wife Elizabeth daughter of the 2nd Viscount Palmerston. Her brother the Reverend Henry William Sulivan appears to have inherited some of the Palmerston estate in county Sligo and Elizabeth's family became his heirs. Documents relating to the Irish estates of the Hippisley family in counties Sligo, Wexford and Dublin are held in the Berkshire Record Office. An offer from the Congested Districts Board for 2,207 acres of the Hppisley estate in county Sligo had been accepted by 1916.