A family associated with Cashel, county Tipperary. Their property there was eventually inherited by the Fitzgerald family who took the additional name of Judkin.
|Fitzgerald (Lisheen)||The Fitzgerald estate of Corkbeg and Lisquinlan, county Cork, was inherited by the Uniacke family in the early 18th century. Robert Uniacke of Corkbeg took the addtional name of Fitzgerald and married Frances Judkin of Greenhils, county Tipperary. The Judkins were established in county Tipperary by the beginning of the 18th century. In 1793 Joseph Judkin bought lands in the barony of Middlethird previously the estate of Thady Meagher, attained. From Robert, the eldest son of Robert and Frances, descend the Penrose Fitzgeralds of Woodhill and Corkbeg. Their second son, Thomas, was created a baronet in 1801 and assumed the additional name of Judkin. In 1785 he married Elizabeth Capel of Cloghroe House, county Cork and was succeeded by his son, Sir John, in 1810. Thomas Judkin Fitzgerald held an estate in the parishes of Matehy and Inishcarra, barony of East Muskerry, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Sir John Judkin Fitzgerald held land in the parishes of Magorban and St Patricksrock, barony of Middlethird, Ballygriffen, barony of Clanwilliam and Clonoulty, barony of Kilmanagh Lower, county Tipperary. Fee simple lands belonging to James Horan, the assignee of Sir John Judkin Fitzgerald, baronet, in the barony of Barretts, county Cork and in the town of Cashel, county Tipperary, were offered for sale in April 1852. The latter property was eventually sold in May 1853 to Messers. Maxwell and Littleton. In 1856 the trustees of the marriage settlement of Sir John J. Fitzgerald and Mrs Elizabeth Moore, widow, advertised the sale of estates in counties Wexford (2,247 acres), Waterford (19 acres), Tipperary (1,320 acres) and Cork (218 acres). In December 1857 the 1,468 acre estate of Thomas Judkin Fitzgerald in the barony of East Muskerry was advertised for sale. The sale realised almost £20,000. By 1858 Thomas J. Fitzgerald was resident at Golden Hills which was advertised for sale that year but obviously not sold as in the 1870s Sir Joseph J.C. Fitzgerald of Golden Hills, Golden, county Tipperary and of Cloghroe, House, Inniscarra, county Cork, owned 1041 acres in county Tipperary.|