Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Egan (Fort William)


Estate(s)

Name Description
Crawford In the mid 19th century William Cooper Crawford, son of Cooper Crawford, held land in the parishes of Templetuohy, barony of Ikerrin and Kilruane, barony of Upper Ormond, county Tipperary. In October 1850 the demesne lands of Rapla and other lands were advertised for sale, the estate of William Cooper Crawford and his wife Sophia. Further lands at Rapla were advertised in November 1851. William Crawford of Fortfield, Templemore, owned 266 acres in county Tipperary in the 1870s.
Egan (Fort William) Griffith's Valuation records Messrs Egan holding land in the parishes of Modreeny and Terryglass, barony of Lower Ormond, county Tipperary. These lands were leased to Miss Crawford and to Thomas Kent. William Egan had a corn mill and distillery at Ballindery in the townland of Newlawn, parish of Terryglass, valued at £97 and held from Timothy Hogan. This property was advertised for sale in April and June 1871 and November 1872. In November 1854 the lands of Carroul [Corrowle] and part of Shanakill were advertised for sale, the estate of Timothy Blake Egan.