William Abernethy held at least two townlands in the parish of Loughkeen, barony of Lower Ormond, county Tipperary in the mid 19th century. In February 1854 the estate of William Henry Abernethy, assignee of John Abernethy, 166 acres at Faddenbeg, parish of Loughkeen, barony of Lower Ormond, was advertised for sale. It was held under a lease from the Reverend Thomas Carr to Robert Spunner for ever in 1778. Under the will of Robert Spunner dated 1793 this land was left to Isabella Abernethy, wife of William Abernethy. John Abernethy appears to be one of their children. The estate of James Abernethy amounting to over 800 acres at Loughkeen and Clohaskin, barony of Lower Ormond, was advertised for sale. The sale included Oak Park. In the 1870s James Abernethy of Carrig, Parsonstown, owned 113 acres in county Tipperary.