The Towers family had property in counties Meath and Tipperary in the early 18th century. Reverend Anthony Towers, grandson of Thomas Towers of Archerstownstown, county Meath and of the manor of Borrisokane, married Alicia Cullen in 1765. Their son, Thomas Towers, resided at Bushy Park and, in 1795, married Mary Wise of London. In 1828 their son, Thomas Towers, married Elizabeth, eldest daughter of David Cambie of Castletown. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Thomas Towers held at least five townlands in the vicinity of Borrisokane, county Tipperary, including much of the town. In June 1852 his estate consisting of 1,668 acres was advertised for sale. Some of it was bought by David Clarke. In the 1870s Benjamin W. Towers of Castletown, Borrisokane, owned 484 acres in county Tipperary.