Robinson (Co Tipperary)
The Robinson family were settled in the Ballingarry locality of county Tipperary from the mid 17th century. Burke's Landed Gentry of Ireland (1904) records the marriage in 1712 of Thomas Stoney and Sarah, sister of General Andrew Robinson and granddaughter of George Robinson, a Cromwellian officer, who settled at Knockshigowna, parish of Ballingarry. In February 1851 the Tinnakilly estate, barony of Lower Ormond, of the assignee of Arthur Robinson, a bankrupt, amounting to 1,602 acres, was advertised for sale. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Ellen and John Robinson both held land in Ballingarry parish, while Louisa, Augustus and Ruth Robinson and the Reverend Robinson held land in the parish of Modreeny. In the 1870s Hartstronge/Hartstonge Robinson of Kingstown owned 596 acres, Ellen Robinson of Loran Park owned 353 acres, Robert Robinson of Ballynavin, Borrisokane owned 286 acres and Thomas S.D. Robinson of Riversdale owned 174 acres in county Tipperary. Hartstonge Robinson was the second son of Christopher Robinson of Woodlawn, county Cavan as recorded in the ''King's Inns Admissions Papers''. The same source records Arthur Robinson eldest son of Robert Robinson of Tinakelly, county Tipperary. Reverend Robert de Lapere Croasdaile Robinson was rector of Ballingarry. He was born in 1805 and died in 1870 at Ballynavin Castle, see http://www.genealogy.kirkpatrickaustralian.com/TNG/ahnentafel.php?personID=I6577&tree=TKG&parentset=0&generations=8.