Catherine Dower of Tinnascart, barony of Decies-within-Drum, was the owner of over 300 acres in county Waterford in the 1870s. Various other members of this family owned lesser amounts. Miss Dower had offered the lands of Tinnascart for sale in the Landed Estates Court in June 1868. The sale notice indicates that they were held under fee farm grant from William Poole. Earlier, in November 1863, Catherine and Ellen Dower, together with Johanna Keating, had advertised the rental of lands at Ballycullane, baorny of Decies. In November 1881, over 500 acres in the parish of Ballymacart, barony of Decies-within-Drum were offered for sale in the Land Judges Court in the name of Henry Gee Smith. Portions of these lands had been held by Robert Dower at the time of Griffith's Valuation while Patrick Smith had been the lessor of some of the properties to other tenants.