Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Kennedy

Family title

Baronet


Estate(s)

Name Description
Kennedy (Waterford) Burke indicates that this family's association with Waterford stems from its descent from the family of O'Kennedy of Ballikeirogue Castle. In the 1870s Sir Charles E. Kennedy, Baronet, owned over 6600 acres in county Waterford as well as over 1000 acres in Dublin. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the representatives of Sir. J. Kennedy were among the principal lessors in the parish of Kinsalebeg, barony of Decies-within-Drum. Sir Charles Edward Kennedy was among the principal lessors in the parishes of Ballylaneen, Kilgobnet and Kilrossanty, barony of Decies without Drum at the same time. Catherine Kennedy held townlands in the parish of Kilgobnet. In June 1863 Sir Charles E.Kennedy offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court over 2200 acres of his county Waterford estate. Sadleir, referring to the 1770s, notes Charles Kennedy "of Johnstown, son to Kennedy the attorney" and his brother Edward.