The Jackson family held an estate at Inane, parish of Roscrea, county Tipperary in the 19th century and family members practiced as lawyers in Dublin. Peter Jackson was registrar to Lord Norbury and James Fraser in his ''Guide through Ireland'' (1838) records Peter Jackson of Inane, county Tipperary. Henry Vincent Jackson is recorded as assistant to Peter Jackson in the ''King's Inns Admission Papers''. This source also records four sons of Henry Vincent Jackson and his wife Sarah Warburton, namely George, Frederick, Peter and William. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Jackson estate was located in the parishes of Bourney, Roscrea and Templemore, barony of Ikerrrin and Fertiana, barony of Eliogarty. 355 acres held under a fee farm grant dated 1861 by Frederick Bridge from Frederick A. Jackson at Carrick, barony of Ikerrin, was advertised for sale in February 1869. In the 1870s Henry Vincent Jackson of Inane owned 1,088 acres in county Tipperary and 1,765 acres in King's County (Offaly) while William H. Jackson of Inane owned 363 acres in county Tipperary.