Walter Henry Mansfield was among the principal lessors in the parish of Rathgormuck at the time of Griffith's Valuation in 1850. Rathgormuck was formerly the property of his mother's family, the Woulfes of Carrick on Suir. G.L.P. Mansfield held townlands in the parish of Clashmore, barony of Decies-within-Drum at that time. George Patrick Lattin Mansfield had offered over 800 acres of his estate in the barony of Decies-without-Drum for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in 1851. The original 1770s lease was from the Osborne estate to John Fowler. The Freeman's Journal reported that the purchaser was Denis Keeffe, for over £5600.
The representatives of Miss Mansfield were lessors in the parish of Modelligo, barony of Decies-without-Drum. By the 1870s, the estate held by the representatives of Capt. Walter Mansfield amounted to over 1200 acres in county Waterford while G.L.P. Mansfield, with an address in county Kildare, owned over 700 acres.