Hamilton Gale/Geale held an estate in the parish of Clonfert, barony of Duhallow, county Cork and in the parish of Darragh, barony of Coshlea, county Limerick, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the 1870s Hamilton Geale of Glenroe, Kilfrinan [Kilfinnane?] owned 2,521 acres in county Cork and 484 acres [Darraghmore = 485 acres] in county Limerick. Hussey refers to Hamilton Geale as a barrister and a Justice of the Peace in county Limerick and gives his address in 1878 as Durragh [Darragh] Lodge, Kilfinnane, co. Limerick. Hamilton Geale was the son of Piers Geale and his sister Elizabeth was the second wife of Hugh 2nd Earl Fortescue.