Burke's Peerage records the purchase of lands in county Tipperary by the Kellett family at the beginning of the 18th century. This is verified in the abstracts of conveyances which records the purchase of Cloghnecody by Richard Kellett of Clonmel, gent for £290, part of the estate of James II. John Dalton Kellett held land in the parishes of Baptistgrange, barony of Middlethird and Killodiernan, barony of Lower Ormond and William H. Kellett held land in the parish of Clogher, barony of Kilnamanagh Lower. John D. Kellett's estate of over 800 acres at Clonacody and Newtown, barony of Middlethird and Urra, barony of Lower Ormond was advertised for sale in February 1856. Sir Henry Kellett (1806-1875), British naval officer and Artic explorer was a son of John D. Kellett. Major Kellett of Clonacody, Fethard, owned 290 acres in the 1870s.