Captain William Bolton was granted lands formerly owned by the Aylwards at Faithlegg in county Waterford in 1667. Smith, writing in 1774, provides a detailed description of the property. Sadleir mentions Cornelius Bolton, resident at Faithlegg and MP for Waterford, who was married to a Miss Barker. This branch of the Boltons continued at Faithlegg until 1819 when Cornelius Bolton sold it to Nicholas Power. In June 1857, Cornelius Henry Bolton offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court his property at Ballycanvan and Ballynbooly, barony of Gaultiere. The properties were held under leases forever, dating from the mid eighteenth century. They encompassed the demesnes of Woodlands and Ballycanvan. William Harrison was in possession of Ballycanvan in 1703.
Another branch of the family continued at Mount Bolton. Jane Bolton, resident in Bath, England, was the owner of over 1600 acres in county Waterford in the 1870s while her cousin, Charles Bolton of Brook Lodge, Waterford, owned almost 900 acres. Jane Bolton was among the principal lessors in the parish of Clonagam, barony of Upperthird, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Rev. Henry Bolton held townlands in the parish of Mothel in the same barony. Richard Bolton was among the lessors in the parish of Rossmire, barony of Decies-without-Drum and Eliza Bolton held townlands in the parish of Kill St. Nicholas, barony of Gaultiere. Richard was the owner of over 800 acres in the county in the 1870s. In 1890 over 900 acres of Henry Bolton's estate in the barony of Upperthird, ccounty Waterford was offered for sale in the Land Judges' Court but the sale was adjourned.