Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Perceval (Waterford)


Estate(s)

Name Description
Graves (Counties Cork & Waterford) Griffith's Valuation records Mrs Elina Greaves and others as the immediate lessors of townlands in the parish of Knockmourne, barony of Kinnatalloon, county Cork. This would appear to be Helena, daughter of the Reverend Charles Perceval, rector of Bruhenny, county Cork who, in 1806, married John Crosbie Graves. Mrs. Greaves was also in possession of property in the barony of Coshmore and Coshbride, county Waterford, in the early 1850s.
Maxwell/Perceval Maxwell The Percevals were related to the Perceval family of Temple House, county Sligo and descend from the Very Reverend William Perceval, Archdeacon of Cashel and Dean of Emly. In 1809 the Reverend Willliam Perceval of Kilmore Hill, county Waterford, married Anne Maxwell of Finnebrogue, county Down. In 1839, their eldest son, Robert Perceval Maxwell, married Helena Anne, only daughter and heiress of William Moore of Moore Hill, county Waterford, nephew of the 1st Earl Mountcashel. William Moore owned land in the parishes of Glanworth, barony of Fermoy and Clondulane, barony of Condons and Clangibbon, county Cork at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the 1870s Robert Percival Maxwell of Groomsport House, Belfast, owned 695 acres in county Cork, 2,353 acres in county Tipperary, over 8,000 acres in county Down and a smaller estate in county Meath. His younger brother, William John Perceval Maxwell, inherited Moore Hill. In 1906 he was the owner and the house was valued at £37. The Tipperary estate originally belonged to the Maynards and passed through the possession of the Foulke and Moore families to the Perceval Maxwells.
Perceval (Waterford) In the 1870s Rev. William Percival owned almost 500 acres in county Waterford.