Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Gibbons (Ballinspittle)


Estate(s)

Name Description
Gibbons (Ballinspittle) Samule Lewis, writing in 1837, notes that the village of Ballinspittle had recently been much improved by J B.Gibbons, who had erected a square of slated houses. In 1868, over 1000 acres in the barony of Courceys, held by the Gibbons family from the Kingsale estate, were offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. The properties were held under leases dating from the 1820s and 1830s.