Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Lukey


Estate(s)

Name Description
Gaggin In 1824 the Reverend Richard Gaggin, rector of Clonmult, county Cork, married Catherine Foulke. He died in 1861. At the time of Griffith's Valuation William Furlong, Richard Nason and the Rev Richard Gaggin jointly owned a townland in the parish of Shandrum barony of Orrery and Kilmore. The name Gaggin appears in the parishes of Carrigtohill, Clonmult and St Annes Shandon in the early 1850s. George Gaggin and Jane Boles married at Carrigtwohill, parish of Cloyne in 1830. George Gaggin of Shangarry, Castlemartyr owned 324 acres in the 1870s. William Gaggin married in 1835 Grizelda Lukey and had a son George Lukey Gaggin. In March 1872, November 1873 and April 1874 Ballyrichardmore the estate of the trustees for sale and Richard Nason Gaggin was advertised for sale. In November 1872 the estate of John Gaggin in the barony of Condons and Clangibbon was advertised for sale.
Lukey At the time of Griffith's Valuation George Bevan Lukey held land in the parishes of Castlelyons and Clondulane, barony of Condons and Clangibbons, county Cork. In March 1852 lands at Kilbarry and Clondillane amounting to 306 acres near Fermoy town were advertised for sale, the estate of George Bevan Lukey of Clondillane. The Freeman's Journal reported that only one lot sold on that occasion; the purchaser was James O'Callaghan Fisher, in trust. Kilbarry was advertised again in 1855 by Lukey's assignee. Kilbarry was held on a lease dated 1813 from William Garde to George Lukey and Clondillane on a lease from Abraham Devonsher to George Lukey dated 1778.