Thomas Kingston Sullivan of The Retreat, Bandon, owned over 3000 acres in county Cork and 2000 acres in county Kerry in the 1870s. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, his Cork estates included property in the parish of Lislee, barony of Ibane & Barryroe and in the parish of Kinneigh, barony of East Carbery. He appears to have been engaged in the legal profession. In October 1862 he was the petitioner in the sale of houses in the town of Bandon, the property of Robert Edwards, an insolvent. Fee simple lands belonging to Thomas Kingston Sullivan at Kilbane, barony of East Muskerry and at Gurtnahacty, barony of West Muskery amounting to 1,355 acres and at Gurteensawney, barony of East Carbery (West) held in fee farm were advertised for sale in June 1867 by his trustee Richard Topham. The sale also included the mansion and demesne of Fort Robert. In November 1889 he advertised land in Knockbrogan and commercial and house property for sale in the Land Judges' Court.