The Chetwodes were settled at Woodbrook, Portarlington, Queen's County (county Laois) in the 18th century. Elizabeth Hester Chetwood, granddaugher of Crewe Chetwood, a younger brother of Valentine Knightley Chetwood of Woodbrook, married Robert Rogers Wilmot and had a son Edward Wilmot who took the name Chetwood in 1839. Edward W. Chetwood inherited the Woodbrook estate. In 1830 he married Lady Jean Janet Erskine, daughter of the Earl of Mar and they had 5 children. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Edward W. Chetwood held land in the parishes of Inch St Lawrence and Ludden, barony of Clanwilliam, county Limerick. Jonathon Chetwood owned land in these parishes in the 1810s and 1820s. In the 1870s Edward Wilmot Chetwood's estate in county Limerick amounted to 464 acres. In 1878 Knightley Jonathan Wilmot-Chetwode owned 683 acres in county Cork and 1,389 acres in Queen's County. The Chetwodes continued to live at Woodbrook until 1963. Woodbrook was for sale in 2009.