Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Hoy


Estate(s)

Name Description
Hoy/Hoey At the time of Griffith's Valuation William P. Hoy held land in the parish of Askeaton, barony of Connello Lower, county Limerick. In 1865 William Henry Hoey conveyed 632 acres, part of Askeaton, barony of Connello Lower, county Limerick, to Robert Hunt by fee farm grant. The sale of the fee simple of the Blakiston estate in county Limerick in November 1875 shows William Henry Hoey as a tenant of this estate holding 623 acres at Cragmore. By November 1875 William Henry Hoey's property was under liquidation in the Court of Bankruptcy, London and his county Limerick estate was also advertised for sale at this time. One lot, of over 600 acres, was sold to W Landser of Mountjoy Square, Dublin, for £5100. Discussions took place in the Landed Estates Court in February 1876 when a bid for one lot was deemed insufficient. In the 1870s William P. Hoy of Australia owned 623 acres in county Limerick as recorded by Hussy de Burgh and the return of landowners of one acre.