Fisher (West Carbery, Youghal & Woodmount)
Rev. William A. Fisher, incumbrant of Kilmoe, West Carbery, owned over 250 acres in county Cork as well as a further 320 acres in county Waterford in the 1870s. He was one of the principal lessors in Kilmoe parish at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Some sources suggest that he was involved in prosletysing during the Great Famine in the Schull area. He was a son of Joseph Devonsher Fisher of Woodmount, county Waterford. William Fisher and Benjamin C. Fisher held land in the parish of Kilquane, barony of Barrymore, county Cork in the mid 19th century. Fisher property in the counties of Cork, King's County and Waterford was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court in November 1865. The Waterford property was advertised again in July 1866 as it had been offered for sale in April of that year but the sale had been adjourned for want of bidders.