The Colleran family leased land in the Bunnacrannagh area from the Knox estate.
|Knox (Rappa)||Originally a Crofton estate which passed through a marriage connection to a younger son of the Knoxes of Castlereagh, county Mayo. Francis Knox was established at Rappa Castle by the mid 18th century and his descendants included the Knoxes of Belleek Manor, Broadlands Park, Netley Park, Greenwoodpark and Palmerstown. By the time of Griffith's Valuation the estate included six townlands in the parish of Bekan and one townland in parish of Aghamore, barony of Costello. Also included were at least three townlands in each of the parishes of Ardagh, Ballysakerry and Kilfian, barony of Tirawley, county Mayo. In 1876 Annesley Knox of Rappa held 6855 acres in county Mayo and 724 acres in county Galway. His wife Elizabeth, daughter of Arthur Knox of Bushfield, held a further 3,000 acres in her own right. Annesley Knox is recorded as one of the principal lessors in the parish of Ballynacourty, barony of Dunkellin, county Galway in 1855. The Ordnance Survey Name books from 1837 record William Ryan of Oranmore as his agent.|
|Colleran||The Colleran family leased land in the Bunnacranagh area from the Knoxes. In the 1870s Anne and Luke Colleran of Bunnacranna, Curry, county Sligo, held respectively 527 and 225 acres in county Mayo. Anne Colleran owned a further 282 acres in county Sligo.|