Creagh (Bally Andrew)
This family were established in county Cork from the 16th century and share a common ancestry with the Brasier Creaghs. In the mid 1740s Michael Creagh of Laurentinum, county Cork, sixth son of John Creagh of Killowen, married as his second wife, Mary Gethin, sister and heiress of Captain Richard Gethin. Their son Arthur married Isabella Bagwell in 1770 and their second son, Reverend John Bagwell Creagh, married Gertrude Miller of Toonagh, county Clare. At the time of Griffith's Valuation their son, Arthur Gethin Creagh, held land in the parish of Quin, county Limerick and in the parishes of Doneraile, barony of Fermoy and Ightermurragh, barony of Imokilly, county Cork. He and his brother John held land in the county Cork parishes of Clonfert, barony of Duhallow and Liscarroll, barony of Orrery and Kilmore. In August 1801 Michael Creagh, Reverend John Bagwell Creagh and Arthur G. Creagh leased Gooseberry Hill, barony of Duhallow to Timothy Shine. The Shine lease was advertised for sale in July 1861. In the 1870s Arthur Gethin Creagh of Carrahan, Quin, county Clare, owned 330 acres in county Clare, 538 acres in county Cork and 150 acres in county Limerick. Michael Creagh of Laurentinum was an older brother of Reverend John B. Creagh and had an only daughter, Isabella, who married John Singleton of Quinville Abbey, county Clare. In May 1850 the estate near Doneraile and in the city of Cork of Charles Wright the devisee in trust of Michael Creagh, deceased, was advertised for sale. In July 1853 an estate of 2,339 acres in the baronies of Duhallow and Fermoy again of Charles Wright, devisee in trust of Michael Creagh deceased, was advertised for sale. This estate included the houses Bettyville, Spring Grove and Hermitage. The representatives of Michael Creagh, Doneraile, owned 734 acres in county Cork in the 1870s.