A family originally from Wiltshire who settled in county Limerick at the end of the 17th century. They intermarried with the Godfreys baronets, the Rices of Mount Trenchard and the Yieldings of county Kerry. By the mid 19th century the Fosbery's county Limerick estate was concentrated in the parish of Adare, baronies of Kenry and Coshma. George Fosberry also held land in the parishes of Aglishcloghane and Uskane, barony of Lower Ormond, county Tipperary.
The interest of the children of George Fosbery of Curraghbridge in the lands of Cappanafarihy, barony of Coshma, was advertised for sale in June 1872. In the 1870s George's cousin Thomas Fosbery of Clorhane owned an estate amounted to 1,488 acres in county Limerick. In 1851 his elder brother George married secondly Eliza daughter of John Scott of Firgrove, county Clare. At the time of Griffith's Valuation George and Eliza Fosbery and Jane Scott jointly held land in the parish of Drumcliffe, barony of Islands, county Clare. George Fosberry held land in the parishes of Aglishcloghane and Uskane, barony of Lower Ormond, county Tipperary in the mid 19th century. In the 1870s Mrs George Fosbery of Queenstown, county Cork and Mrs William Fosbery of Cahir, county Tipperary jointly owned 1,935 acres in county Clare and 400 acres in county Tipperaray. At the same time T. Fosberry of Clorane owned 752 acres in county Tipperary and Jane E. Fosberry of Caher owned 541 acres in county Tipperary. John F. Fosbery was the proprietor of over 1400 acres in the parish of Galey, county Kerry at the time of Griffith's Valuation and in the 1870s. The son of Charles W. Fosbery of Castlegrey owned an estate of over 1,000 acres in county Roscommon in the 1870s.