Landed Estates
NUI Galway

O'Connor (Clanmaurice)


Name Description
O'Connor (Clanmaurice) In the 1830s, the Ordnance Survey Name Books record that Maj. .O.Connor, of Tralee, was leasing townlands in the parish of Ballyheigue from John Bayley of Tipperary. Timothy O'Connor was one of the principal lessors in the parish of Killury, barony of Clanmaurice, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Thomas O'Connor was leasing property from the estate of the Earl of Listowel and the Crosbie estate in the Ardfert area at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the 1870s his representatives held over 1100 acres in county Kerry. John O'Connor, MD, of Causeway, owned over 700 acres in county Kerry in the 1870s. Over 650 acres of the estate of Francis McNamara O'Connor was offered for sale in the Landed Estates' Court in November 1876. This land was on perpetual lease from the Crosbie estate. Almost 300 acres of the same lands were offered for sale again in July 1877. The Irish Times reported that it was purchased in trust by Mr. Cosgrave, solicitor. At the time of Griffith's Valuation John O'Connor held land in the parishes of Lismakeery and Nantinan, barony of Connello Lower, county Limerick. The Ordnance Survey Name Books record these lands in the possession of Messrs. Mortimer and O'Connor, Ahnagran, county Kerry. Thomas and John O'Connor advertised for sale their estate in the barony of Connello Lower in July 1852. Kerry Supple was the petitioner.