Parker (Castlelough & Ballyvalley)
Captain John Parker was granted 1,242 acres in the barony of Owney and Arra, county Tipperary in 1667. Burke's Landed Gentry of Ireland (1904) states that the Parker family were established at Dunkipp, county Limerick, in the late 17th century. Early generations married members of the Irby and Massy families. In 1761 Anthony Parker married Anne, daughter of Standish Grady of Elton, county Limerick. They were the parents of Anthony, the Reverend Standish and William of Ballyvally. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, William Parker held land in the parish of Kilseily, barony of Tulla Lower, county Clare and the representatives of Anthony Parker held land in the parishes of Castlelyons and Clondulane, barony of Condons and Clangibbon, county Cork. The Ordnance Survey Name Books indicate that Rev. Standish Parker of Castlelough owned lands in the parish of Ardfert, county Kerry in the 1830s. At the same time the representatives of the Reverend Standish Grady Parker held an estate in the parishes of Castletownarra and Youghalarra, barony of Owney and Arra, county Tipperary. Thomas and William Parker also held land in this locality while the estate of John Parker was in the parish of Glenkeen, barony of Kilnamanagh Upper. In the 1870s Anthony Parker of Castlelough, Killaloe, county Limerick owned 60 acres in county Clare, 643 acres in county Cork and 3,806 acres in county Tipperary. His uncle, William Parker of Ballyvalley, owned 588 acres in county Clare. John Parker of Brookfield owned 1,711 acres and William Parker of Landsdowne, Portross owned 647 acres in county Tipperary. In 1867 Anthony Parker of Castlelough married Anna Hutchinson of Timoney Park, Roscrea and in 1891 their son Standish Grady John Parker assumed the additional name of Hutchinson and inherited Timoney Park. The lands of Boolaglass, near Nenagh, were advertised for sale in October 1865, the estate of Thomas and Anthony Parker.