Drew (Rockfield & Mocollop Castle)
This family were a junior branch of the Drews of Drewscourt, county Cork and held land in counties Waterford and Kerry. This was primarily due to a marriage in 1752 between Francis Drew of Mocollop, county Waterford and Arabella Godfrey of Kilcolman and Bushfield, county Kerry.
The representatives of John Drew were among the principal lessors in the parish of Kilbonane, barony of Magunihy at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The Drew property at Rockfield was being administered by Alicia Wherland in the early 1860s. Sarah Drew held several townlands in the parish of Kilgarrylander, barony of Trughanacmy, at the same time. Rev. Browning Drew was the owner of over 600 acres and Rev. Pierce Drew the proprietor of over 500 acres in county Kerry in the 1870s. Barry Drew, of Flowerhill, Lismore, owned over 1500 acres in county Waterford at that time.
An offer was made by the Congested Districts Board on over 700 acres of the Drew estate in Kerry in 1914. The Irish Tourist Association survey of the 1940s indicates that Dr. Drew, owner of the Waterford estate, resided principally in North Africa.