Ronayne (Cork & Waterford)
The Ronayne family were located in county Cork from at least the early 17th century. Philip Ronayne was prominent in Cork city at the end of the 17th century. Documents in the Sarsfield Papers document the Ronayne estate at Doughcloyne, Carrigaline, Rochestown, Great Island, Kinsale, Youghal and in other locations at the end of the 17th century and early 18th century. Some of their property passed by marriage to the Sarsfield family. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Patrick Ronayne held land in the parish of Clonmel, barony of Barrymore and Patrick Ronan held land in the parish of Macloneigh, barony of West Muskerry. In April 1861 the estate of Patrick Ronayne at Inshinisingane, barony of West Muskerry was advertised for sale. This estate amounted to 504 acres and was held on a lease to John Ronayne, as trustee for Thomas Browne, from Michael Cox dated 1800. In the 1870s Patrick Ronayne of Berry Hill, Queenstown, owned 219 acres and John Ronayne of Ardsallagh House, Youghal, owned 323 acres in county Cork. The estate of Robert Power Ronayne at Pike Park, county Cork and D'Loughtane, county Waterford, including the mansion house of D'Loughtane, were advertised for sale in June and October 1851. He had been among the principal lessors in the parishes of Kinsalebeg, barony of Decies-within-Drum and Kilrossanty, barony of Decies-without-Drum, , at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Robert P. Ronayne emigrated to Australia. Land at Ballycurriginny, barony of Imokilly, the estate of Thomas Ronayne, was advertised for sale in 1872. The original lease was from Anne Beecher of Cork city to Uniacke Ronayne. Sone of this property was sold, in trust, to John Weldon. The house Ronayne's Court was included in the sale of Edward Robinson's premises in Cork city and suburbs in August 1850. A small lithograph and ground plan of the house is included.
see also http://bluett.com/readers_comments.html