A Scottish family who intermarried with the O'Haras of Raheen.
|O'Hara (Raheen)||It was to the Raheen area that some of the Kilkelly family moved when they were deprived of lands at Cloghballymore in the parish of Killeenavarra. Later Raheen came into the possession of the O'Haras. Robert O'Hara "of Rahine" is listed as one of the resident landed proprietors in county Galway by Hely Dutton in 1824. The OS Name Books record James O'Hara of Raheen as a proprietor in the parish of Ardrahan in the 1830s with Barry O'Hara of Galway as his agent and Henry Lahiff of Gort as a middleman. They further record James O'Hara leasing to John O'Hara as another middleman who in turn leased to John McMahon of Newmarket, county Clare. In 1853 much of the O'Hara estate in the baronies of Dunkellin and Leitrim, as well as some land in the barony of Kiltartan, was sold in the Incumbered Estates Court. The Freeman's Journal gives details of the purchasers. The sales realised the sum of £27,000. In 1856 Raheen was occupied by Charles O'Hara who was leasing from James O'Hara. The O'Hara estate in county Galway amounted to over 3000 acres in the 1870s. In 1915 an offer was accepted on almost 350 acres of the O'Hara estate from the Congested Districts Board. Francis O'Hara held land in the parish of Feakle, county Clare at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the 1870s William O'Hara son of Robert O'Hara of Raheen, county Galway and his wife Frances Taylor, was living at Caher House, Feakle, county Clare, where he owned 1,134 acres.|
|Forbes (Raheen)||In the 1870s Major Forbes of "Rasheen" [Raheen] owned 820 acres in county Galway. This was William Forbes of Callendar, Falkirk, Scotland, who, in June 1859, married Rose, daughter of John O'Hara of Raheen, county Galway.|