Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Curtis (Roscommon)


Estate(s)

Name Description
Curtis In the 1830s Patrick Curtis of Roebuck, county Dublin, held an interest in the O'Sullivan, formerly Moore, estate in the parish of Drum, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon, as a result of a loan. In the 1850s Patrick Curtis held 3 townlands in the parish of Fuerty, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon. One of these he had purchased from the sale of part of the Mitchell estate in 1854. A William Curtis of Ballymurray, county Roscommon, owned 562 acres in the county.