Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Gibbons


Estate(s)

Name Description
Gibbons At the time of Griffith's Valuation Matthew Gibbons held one townland in the parish of Islandeady and three townlands in the parish of Kilmaclasser, barony of Burrishoole, county Mayo. In 1876 a Mrs Sarah Gibbons of The Vicarage, Harrowgate, England, owned 2749 acres in county Mayo and Stephen Gibbons of The Mall, Westport, owned 1939 acres. A Richard Gibbons held untenanted land in the parishes of Islandeady and Kilmaclasser in 1906. He sold over 2000 acres of tenanted and untenanted land to the Congested Districts' Board on 31 March 1915.