The various brances of the Levinge family are all related. The Levinges baronets lived at High Park, county Westmeath. A junior branch of the family of lived at Levington Park, county Westmeath. Their English residence was Parwick Hall, Derby.
|Smyth (New Park)||In 1808 Ralph Smyth of Barbaville, Collinstown, county Westmeath, married Eliza daughter and heiress of Matthew Lyster of New Park, county Roscommon. At the time of Griffith's Valuation their eldest son William Barlow Smyth of Barbaville, held 3 townlands in the parish of Ballindoon, barony of Ballynahinch, county Galway, previously part of the Bunowen estate of the O'Neills. Pádraig Lane states that Smyth bought 2,796 acres from the O'Neills. A copy conveyance in the Joyce, Mackie and Lougheed collection documents the William Barlow Smyth's purchase of Bunowenbeg from the O'Neills in 1852. The collection includes a rentroll of the Smyth's estate at Callow, Dolan, Bunowenbeg and part of Ballyconnelly, dated 19 November 1877. In the 1870s William Smyth of county Westmeath owned 2,449 acres in county Galway, 2,108 acres in county Westmeath and 478 acres in county Meath. William B. Smyth was succeeded by his brother Henry Mathew Smyth in 1886. Henry Smyth of New Park, county Roscommon, married a Coote of Ballyfin and at the time of Griffith's Valuation held lands in the parishes of Kiltoom and Taghmaconnell, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon. In November 1860, over 1,800 acres in county Roscommon belonging to Henry Mathew Smyth were advertised for sale. The purchasers included Messers Gannon, Gaynor, Keogh and Meredith. On 9 June 1859 William Tuthill conveyed Drominagh to Frederick Smythe and in July 1870s Frederick Smythe put the estate up for sale in the Landed Estates' Court.|
|Levinge||In the 1870s Marcus Anthony Levinge of Carnagh, Kiltoom, Athlone, county Roscommon and Enniscoffey House, Miltownpass, county Westmeath, owned 794 acres in county Roscommon and smaller acreages in counties Westmeath and Meath. He may have bought some of his county Roscommon lands from the sale of the Smyth estate in 1860. His county Roscommon estate was in the parishes of Kiltoom and St. Johns, barony of Athlone. By the early 20th century he was residing at New Park.|
|Levinge (County Cork)||The rental of over 100 acres at Tullyland, barony of East Carbery, the property of Richard Hugh Levinge, was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in August 1850. It was originally held on a lease dated 1720 by William Norwood from the Roffin estate. The representatives of Hugh Levinge were among the principal lessors in the parish of Ballymodan at the time of Griffith's Valuation. It is likely that this family were connected with that of Levinge of Levington Park, county Westmeath.|
|Levinge (Co Tipperary)||Godfrey Levinge is recorded as the holder of land in the parish of Graystown, barony of Slievardagh, county Tipperary, in the mid 19th century. Godfrey Levinge was the son of Richard Levinge of Lurgo, county Tipperary and his wife Anne daughter of Godfrey Taylor of Noan. He married Lydia daughter of Henry Langley of Archerstown, county Tipperary. In the 1870s his cousin William Henry Levinge owned 2,333 acres in county Tipperary. William H. Levinge became the 9th Baronet in 1885.|