In 1876 Dominick Dillon Trant offered over 800 acres of his estate in the barony of Castlerea, county Roscommon for sale in the Landed Estates' Court. He had purchased some of these lands in the same court in 1871. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Henry Dillon Trant was leasing a house valued at almost £5 and 130 acres to John Irwin, at Polranny, barony of Castlereagh. At the time of the first Ordnance Survey a townland in the parish of Baslick, barony of Castlereagh, is owned by Trent. It is described as including Fern Hall House. Gormley states that Henry Trant inherited an estate in Roscommon from his grand-uncle who was a Dillon. Trant never resided in Roscommon and Richard Irwin acted as his agent. H.D. Trant still owned over 1,000 acres in county Roscommon in the 1870s.