Early in the 18th century Thomas Hussey from county Kildare moved to county Roscommon following his marriage to one of the heiresses of John Moore.
|Walsh/Hussey Walsh||Richard Walsh, a younger son of the Walsh family of county Kilkenny, was transplanted to Crannagh, parish of Drum, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon, under the Cromwellian settlement. The Walshes were mill owners and built up a leasehold estate in the parish of Drum. In 1787 Patrick Walsh of Crannagh married Margaret daughter of John Hussey of Mulhussey [Mounthussey], county Roscommon. Their son John Hussey Walsh inherited both the Crannagh and Mounthussey estates. The estate was in the parish of Drum, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon and the family also held land in county Galway. In the early 1820s the Hussey Walshes bought an estate in county Offaly and went to live at Kilduff House, Kilclonfert. By the time of Griffith's Valuation John Hussey Walsh still owned over 2,000 acres in the parish of Drum. He died in 1863 and in 1876 the Hussey Walsh estate in counties Roscommon and Offaly was advertised for sale in the Landed Estates' Court. Only one part of the estate was sold, the others were purchased by family representatives on behalf of Walter Hussey Walsh and his wife Ellen, daughter of Valentine O'Brien O'Connor. In the 1870s the Hussey Walsh estate amounted to 2,826 acres in county Roscommon. The Hussey Walsh house at Kilduff was sold in 1882 and the family went to live in Dublin and later in London. In the early 20th century the estate was administered by the firm of A.T.S. Magan, estate agents of Athlone. The Land Commission purchased Mount Hussey and its surrounding lands in the 1920s.|
|Bermingham (Drum)||Andrew Bermingham of Kilfylan, county Offaly, married Cathereine Moore of the parish of Drum, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon, in 1713 and by this marriage the Berminghams became entitled to a quarter share of the Moore estate following the death of Catherine's brother John in 1723. In 1761 the Moore estate was officially divided and the Bermingham quarter consisting of Crannagh More, Keelty, part of Carrickynaghtan and Carrickynaghtan and Garrynagowna Bog, Inchinalee, was administered by William Walsh in the later part of the 18th century. For most of the early to mid 19th century the Bermingham lands were leased to Captain Theobald Sheil. William Sheil was a trustee of the marriage settlement of William Bermingham and Clarinda Fallon of Cloonagh, county Roscommon in 1791. From the 1860s the Bermingham lands were in the possession of William Hussey Walsh but reverted to Andrew Bermingham at the time of the sales of the Hussey Walsh estate in the 1870s and 1880s. In the 1870s Andrew William Birmingham of Kilfylan owned 750 acres in county Roscommon and 672 acres in King's county (county Offaly). The estate was advertised for sale in 1891 and sold to the tenants in 1903.|
|Hussey (Mounthussey)||In 1723 Thomas Hussey of Baltrasney, county Kildare, married Jane Moore of Cloonbigney, county Roscommon, one of the four heiresses of John Moore. The Husseys held property in the parish of Drum by the mid 1730s. In the mid 1740s Andrew Bermingham leased his quarter of the Moore estate to his brother-in-law Thomas Hussey. Thomas Hussey of Moynure died in 1761 and was succeeded by his son John. It was John's daughter Margaret who married Patrick Walsh in 1787.|