Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Booth (Cloverhill)


Estate(s)

Name Description
Cleaver At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Reverend William Cleaver, son of Archbishop Euseby Cleaver of Dublin and his wife Catherine Wynne of Hazelwood, county Sligo, held some land in the parish of Fuerty, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon. The Reverend William Cleaver of Delgany, county Wicklow, owned 757 acres in county Roscommon in the 1870s. Messrs Cleaver and Scott held a few acres of untenanted land at Cams, parish of Fuerty in 1906.
Booth (Cloverhill) In the mid 1850s Thomas Booth held the townland of Lissagallan, parish of Fuerty, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon, with the Reverend William Cleaver. Booth's estate was in the Court of Chancery at the time. 241 acres of Cloverhill were advertised for sale in June 1873 by members of the Slattery, Buckley and Limond families.