The Magans were settled in counties Westmeath and Offaly in the 18th century. Benny Lane writes that the first Magan to come to Tisrara parish was George Percy Magan who married Eleanor O'Connor-Henchey in 1824. In the mid 19th century their son, Percy Tilson Magan, owned an estate in the parishes of Athleague, Taghboy and Tisrara, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon. His main residence was at Kilcleagh Park, Moate, county Westmeath. By the end of the 19th century he was living in the house he built at Correal. In the 1870s he owned 2,989 acres in county Roscommon. Percy Magan and his wife are both buried in Mount Talbot cemetery. His son was involved in the developement of the co operative movement in the locality. The estate was vested in the Irish Land Commissions in 1905.