Landed Estates
NUI Galway

McKay


Estate(s)

Name Description
McKay At the time of Griffith's Valuation John McKay held two townlands in the parish of Taghmaconnell, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon. The trustees of John McKay's will advertised the sale of 527 acres at Keoghville in November 1858 and again in January 1859. The Freeman's Journal reported that this property was purchased in trust by Mr. Crampton for over £4000.
Keogh (Keoghville) The Keoghs were large landowners in county Roscommon before the Acts of Settlement when they lost much of their territory. William Keogh married Mary Ffrench of Rahoon and they were the parents of Judge William Keogh. In the 1870s W.J. Keogh of Fig-hill, Athlone owned 446 acres in county Roscommon. Four other members of the Keogh family owned 337 acres each in the county.
Connaghton In the 1870s James Connaghten of Lecarrow owned 527 acres in county Roscommon. In 1906 Bernard Connaghton held untenanted lands in the parish of Taghmaconnell, barony of Athlone and 660 acres belonging to B. Connaghton were vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 31 Mar 1913.