Kenny (Freagh Castle)
According to the Cecil S. Kenny material in the National Library of Ireland, Matthias Kenny of Freagh Castle, county Clare, [born 1778] married Maria O'Kelly, daughter of Patrick O'Kelly of Cascade Lodge. Matthias was succeeded by his son, Michael Kenny, who married Bridget Frost of Bunkers Hill, Ballymorris, sister of James Frost who wrote ''The History and Topography of the county of Clare''. Their third son was Mathew Joseph Kenny, a barrister and Member of Parliament, 1882-1885, and for mid Tyrone, 1885-1895. A cousin, also named Matthew Kenny, a solicitor, with addresses at Ennis, county Clare and Gardiner St. Dublin, held over 1000 acres in county Galway in the 1870s as well as over 1400 acres in county Clare. He or his son and namesake may also have held almost 500 acres of untenanted land in the parish of Moycullen, county Galway, in 1906.