This branch of the Dalys were descended from the Dalys of Killimer and also Dalysgrove, near Ahascragh, in east county Galway. The Cooleeney or Cooliney part of the estate was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in February 1863. Lands at Coorakurkia in the barony of Leitrim, also part of the Cooleeny estate were offered for sale in February 1855. The latter was held on lease by James Ulick Burke. In the 1870s James Daly is recorded as the proprietor of over 3800 acres in county Galway. In 1906 James D. Daly held about 100 acres of untenanted demesne land and a mansion house valued at £34 at Castledaly. The family were resident at Fort Faulkiner, Aughrim, county Wicklow, in the mid twentieth century.