John Moore elected President of the Republic of Connaught in 1798, George Henry Moore supporter of tenant right and the author, George Augustus Moore, were all members of the family of Moore of Moorehall.
|Moore (Moore Hall)||An estate in the parishes of Ballintober, Ballyovey and Burriscarra in the barony of Carra, county Mayo, held by the Moore family, formerly of Ashbrook, parish of Templemore, barony of Gallen and Alicante, Spain. The Moores, who were Catholic, bought their Moore Hall property from the McDonnells and their Ballintober and Ballyovey estates from the Blakes in the early 1790s. They built a large house, which was burnt down during the Civil War. The Ballintober and Ballyovey estates were advertised for sale in 1854. The Ballyovey estate was bought by Lord Thomas Plunket, Bishop of Tuam, Killala and Achonry. The Moores managed to keep most of the Ballintober estate. In the 1870s George Augustus Moore owned 12,371 acres in county Mayo and 110 acres in county Roscommon. Most of the Moorehall estate was sold to the Congested Districts' Board in 1912. John Moore, elected President of the Republic of Connaught in 1798, George Henry Moore,supporter of tenant right, and George Augustus Moore, author, were all members of this family.|
|Moore (Moorbrook)||A junior branch of the Moores of Moorehall held an estate in the parish of Toomore, barony of Gallen, county Mayo, from the Steele family, baronets, on leases renewable for ever dated 1774 and 1782. In May 1854 Charles Arthur Moore sold his estate of 2463 acres in the Encumbered Estates' Court.|
|Moore (Cloongee)||An estate at Cloongee, parish of Templemore, barony of Gallen, county Mayo was granted to the Moores of Ashbrook in 1715 by Charles O'Hara, Lord Tyrawley who appears to have bought Cloongee from a William Moore, purchaser of the forfeited estate of Captain Henry O'Neile in 1703. By the mid 19th century the lease of 693 acres was held by Harloe Phibbs Baker, who sold his interest in the Encumbered Estates' Court in October 1851 to the McDermotts.|
|Plunket (Mayo & Cork)||During the 19th century the Plunkets, many of whom were prominent clerics in the Church of Ireland, held a sporting estate in the parish of Ballyovey, barony of Carra, county Mayo, from the Lynch Blosses. Thomas Plunket, Bishop of Tuam, Killala and Achonry and 2nd Baron Plunket purchased part of the Lynch Blosse property in 1859. He had previously bought the Ballybanaun estate of the Moores of Moorehall sold in the Encumbered Estates' Court in 1854. In the late 1850s he was involved in a very public dispute with Father Lavelle, the local parish priest, concerning proselytizing activities on his estate. At the time of his death in 1866 the Bishop owned more than 14,000 acres in Co Mayo. The estate was sold by his daughters to William Christian Horsfall, a Bradford worsted manufacturer, in 1868. In 1875, following Horsfall's bankruptcy, the estate was purchased by Abraham and Joseph Mitchell also of Bradford. The Bishop's sister Catherine Plunket also owned land in the parish at Cappaghduff where she built Lough Mask Cottage later known as Drimbawn House. Her property passed to a cousin Sir Richard Bolton McCausland in 1874. In the 1970s Drimbawn was the home of the actor Robert Shaw. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Lord Plunkett held an estate in the parish of Shandrum, barony of Orrery and Kilmore, county Cork and other lands in the baronies of Dartrey, Cremorne and Monaghan, county Monaghan. In the 1870s the 4th Baron Plunket owned estates in counties Cork (1,057 acres) , Monaghan and Dublin amounting to over 3,800 acres.|
|Blake (Merlin Park)||The Blakes of Moyne, parish of Shrule, county Mayo, were descended from the Blakes of Ardfry, county Galway. Under the Acts of Settlement they were granted the lands of Ballyglass, including Coolcon Castle, now situated in the parish of Kilcommon, barony of Kilmaine and lands in the barony of Dunmore, county Galway, amounting to more than 3,000 acres. At first they held Moyne on lease from the Earls of Clanricarde and in 1711 purchased the fee simple. In 1691 they bought the lands of Ballintober, barony of Carra, from the Blakes of Ardfry. The Ballintober lands were sold to the Moores of Moorehall in 1793. The rest of the Blake estate in counties Galway and Mayo was advertised for sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court in 1852. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Moyne was in the possession of Paul Ward and Joseph Burke and Edward S.Power had bought part of the Blake estate in the parish of Kilcommon. Charles Ormsby Blake de Burgh in a letter to George Ormsby of the Ballinamore family refers to the destruction of his family papers in a fire while in storage in London (17 May 1900).|