The Pilkington family held a small estate centred on their house at Abbeyville in the parish of Killeenadeema, barony of Loughrea. In 1814 Mr. Thomas Pilkington was resident at Cornfield, near Ballinasloe. Premises in the town of Ballinasloe, the property of Maria Pilkington, were offered for sale in the Landed Estates court in January 1865. In 1887 lands the property of Owen Lynch and Owen Pilkington Lynch, situated at Killeenadeema West, were offered for sale at the Land Judges' Court but the sale was adjourned due to lack of bidding.
|Name||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
|Abbeyville||Killeenadeema West||Killeenadeema||Loughrea||Mountain 127||Loughrea||Galway||
OSI Ref: M611129
OS Sheet: 105, 115
Discovery map: 52
- Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Pilkington, 5 Janaury 1865, Vol 75, MRGS 39/037 (microfilm copy in NUIG) ; National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Loughrea Union, 102.
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 299
- LEET, Ambrose. ''A directory to the market towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and other noted places in Ireland''. Dublin: Printed by B. Smith, 1814 : 132
Modern printed sources
- ''Irish Times'': Land Judges' Court sale reports, 7 May 1887, p.3