The property at Cloon is described as being occupied by Burke Eyre in 1814 and 1837. In 1824 Edward Burke Eyre of Cloone is described as a resident proprietor in county Galway. In the mid 1850s Edmund Eyre held the townland of Coagaula, parish of Dunmore, barony of Ballymoe. This townland was advertised for sale by Anastatia Mary Eyre in May 1865 but was not sold at that time due to insufficient bidding. By 1855 the Cloon property was in the possession of the Lahiffe family. In the 1870s Daniel Lahiffe was the owner of over 10,000 acres in county Galway.
- Landed Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Eyre, 5 May 1865, Vol 76, MRGS 39/037, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: Vol II, 50.
- LEET, Ambrose. ''A directory to the market towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and other noted places in Ireland''. Dublin: Printed by B. Smith, 1814 : 120
- DUTTON, Hely. ''Statistical and agricultural survey of the county of Galway''. Dublin: Royal Dublin Society, 1824. : 414.
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Gort Union, 13.
Modern printed sources
- CRAIG, Maurice. ''Classic Irish Houses of the Middle Size''. Dublin: Ashfield Press, 2006: 152
- ''Irish Times'': Landed Estates Court sales, 6 May 1865, p.4