Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Wall (Errislannan)

In the 1830s the Reverend Richard Wall of Barmount Manor, county Wexford, rented from Colonel Lambert his quarter share of the Errislannan estate, approximately 1100 acres in the parish of Ballindoon, barony of Ballynahinch, county Galway, 679 acres of which were held on lease from the Bishop of Tuam. In April 1850 the estate was advertised for sale by Colonel Lambert, the Reverend Richard Wall being the petitioner and presumably the purchaser. Reverend Wall renovated the shooting lodge and named it Errislannan Manor and the estate was eventually inherited by his daughter Henrietta, who married the Reverend George Heather in 1866. In the 1870s Mary Anne Wall of Errislannan owned 890 acres in county Galway.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Errislannan Manor Kill Ballindoon Clifden Errislannan 25 Ballynahinch Galway OSI Ref: L626 498
OS Sheet: 35
Discovery map: 37